Advisors: Mrs. Rachel Smith, Mr. Farzad Saeidi, and Ms. Sarah Forbes (902-597-4250 for more info).
Practices: Mondays and Wednesdays right afterschool.
Cross country meets: Typically on a Wednesday when they occur.
Senior – under 19 years of age as of September 30 of the current school year.
Intermediate – under 16 years of age as of September 30 of the current school year.
Junior – under 14 years of age as of September 30 of the current school year.
21.2 Regional Representation
Top five (5) teams per Region/Classification and the remainder of any of the top fifteen (15) finishers. For greater clarity, no runner shall advance if not a member of a top five team or one of the top fifteen finishers.
Senior Boys 7k Senior Girls 5k
Intermediate Boys 5k Intermediate Girls 4k
Junior Boys 4k Junior Girls 3k
- Championship Banner to winning school in each classification.
- NSSAF Gold Medallions to runners and coach of each winning team.
- NSSAF Silver Medallions to runners and coach of each runner-up team.
- NSSAF Bronze Medallions to runners and coach of each 3rd place team.
- NSSAF Gold, Silver and Bronze medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finisher in each event.
21.5 Rules of Play
- International Amateur Athletic Federation rules will be used with the following modifications:
- Maximum number of runners for Provincial Final - seven on each team with first four finishers to count for Team Championship.
- Individual runners are eligible to compete.
21.6 A school may enter as many athletes as they want at the District and Regional level, but may only advance the top 7 runners to one team (per classification) to the NSSAF Championships.
21.7 A team which qualifies at the Regional level may not change its team members except in the event of injury, illness or other exceptional extenuating circumstances, which may occur between the Regional and the Provincial Meets. In such a case, the Regional Director must approve the change before the team may advance to the Provincial Championship.
21.8 Breaking of Tie
In the event of a tie, it shall be resolved in favour of the team whose last scoring member finishes nearer the first place.
21.9 NOTE: Schools hosting Cross Country Meets should ensure that runners are given ample opportunity to spread out at the start of the race.
21.10 Course design shall include as much natural terrain as possible, while preserving the safety of the participants.